This spicy fajita bowl is a great meal for lunch or dinner. It’s nice and quick and it looks a lot more complicated than it actually is, which makes it a good meal to cook for guests.
It’s a vegan dish. I really enjoy making vegan food, Morally I feel good cutting down on meat. I find it very interesting that a meal can taste so great without meat; coming from a Mediterranean meat eating family.
Quinoa is a good source of fiber, naturally gluten-free. It is packed full of essential amino acids and considered a complete protein. This a bowl filled with goodness, delicious hot or cold.
Ingredients Spicy Fajita Bowl
- 80g quinoa
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 avocado
- Handful of coriander
- 240g kidney beans (drained)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- 20g creamed coconut
- Coconut Oil as needed
Preparation Spicy Fajita Bowl
- Cook quinoa and drain
- Meanwhile slice the pepper and onion
- Heat the oil and add the drained kidney beans with 1 tsp paprika, cook for 5 mins, remove from heat and set aside
- In the same pan heat some oil, add the onions and cook for 3 mins add the red pepper and cook for a further 5 mins adding the remaining paprika
- Once cooked mix the quinoa and the kidney beans in with the onions and red pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve in a bowl with sliced avocado, sprinkle with coriander and pour on coconut cream.
You’ll find more recipes on my Recipe Page.