I like a warm, rich start of the day. Normally I get up, do some yoga, meditate a bit and get breakfast. Because I already had a workout I prefer an energizing breakfast. This Quinoa porridge is the best one I know. Simple, easy, fast and a nice source for protein, calcium, magnesium, several B vitamins, vitamin E and dietary fiber. I can’t remember precisely where I saw it. I think I came across it for the first time in a book of Kyra de Vreeze, a body mind chef.
There is nothing too it, but I’ll write down a recipe anyway.
Ingredients Quinoa porridge
- Quinoa (the white one is a little bit less bitter than the red)
- Rice milk (or any other you like)
- Nuts and/or seeds
- Grounded cinnamon
- Grounded ginger
Preparation Quinoa porridge
- Fill a bowl for 3/4 with rice milk and throw the milk in a pan (without the bowl of course)
- Add some cinnamon and ginger
- Add quinoa. I normally use a 100 grams for breakfast
- Bowl the quinoa as long as needed. The seeds will ‘open’ when they are done.
- Take the quinoa of the fire, add some nuts/seeds, slice a banana on top of it and add some honey to taste.