The Dutch AcroYoga community has a little tradition I really like. Every time we come together for an AcroYoga festival or jam everybody brings some nice food along, which we all share. Yesterday we had a jam in Tilburg. I wanted to make something special, so I made this Lentils-beans-bread.
Ever since I (re)discovered lentils – I can’t remember eating them a lot as a kid – I have a weak spot for them. I like them in soups, in curries, in pancakes and now also in this bread. The good thing about them is: they are one of the best foods to eat for your body and they calm down your mind.
- 1 onion
- 400 grams kidney beans (no dried ones)
- 400 grams lentils (no dried ones)
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams goat cheese
- bread crumb
- tomato paste
- red pepper
- curry powder
- cumin powder
- pepper, salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Take a long cake mold and put some baking paper in it.
- Peal the union and garlic and cut them – together withe the pepper – into little pieces and bake them for a few minutes.
- Wash the beans and lentils if you used canned ones. Put them in a food processor (I used the blender, you can mash them by hand as well) with some olive oil, the eggs, 1 spoon of tomato paste, the union mix and herbs and mix well.
- Put the mix in a bowl, add bread crumb, nuts (as much as you like) and the goat cheese and mix one more time.
- Put the mix in the cake mold, flatten out the top and put in the oven for about 1 hour. I used the first 30 minutes aluminium foil on top.