I like beans. Didn’t use to, but after spending months in Central America I really started to appreciate them. Last week I spent in Spain and didn’t really had the option to cook. I like all those tapas and other Spanish dishes, but it’s nice to be home again and make my own food. Because I didn’t have beans for a whole week, I made this ginger bean fiesta. It’s quick and easy.
- Black eyed beans
- Kidney beans
- Ginger (5 centimeter for 4 people)
- Garlic (4 cloves for 4 people)
- Curry powder
- Cumin powder
- Red pepper (1 for 4 people)
- Union (1 big one for 4 people)
- Pepper and salt
- Peal the ginger and garlic and throw them in a blender with four table spoons of water. Blend.
- Peal the union and slice in small parts. Do the same with the red pepper and fry both for about 3 minutes. Add the blended garlic/ginger combination and stir for one minute. Add about 250 milliliter water and bring to boil. Add curry powder, cumin powder, pepper and salt and bring to taste.
- Add all the beans and let it stand for 10 more minutes.